These statements are currently facing a huge backlash from netizens:
– The mayor of Busan, who hasn’t even served in the army, should stop talking about BTS
– Shut up! We hope to hold Expo 2030 in Saudi Arabia
– I’m not a fan of BTS, but it’s weird that Busan city and the Ministry of National Defense are using BTS as slaves
– Leave BTS alone… Where has your conscience gone after holding such a concert?
– Do you have a conscience?
– I’m a Busan citizen who went to BTS concert, but Busan isn’t even ready for major international events
– Busan, please stop, I’m ashamed to be a citizen of Busan
– I’m not a fan of BTS and I hate talking about the military, but whenever I see the mayor of Busan talking about BTS, I get annoyed every time I see him;
– BTS’s agency isn’t even Busan city, so why?
– I don’t think Busan can afford to hold a big event right now
– SK will lose the expo and i will be rting every article that says it’s because they sent BTS to the barracks btw
– No I will there in the front lines laughing at them…
– No one’s expecting them to be able to promote while in barracks and it’s all the government’s fault fir throwing the opportunity away. It’ll also show they don’t actually care about winning since they refused to do such a little thing for someone who brings this much
– i fear that if they lose in the expo they might blame bts
– They had no chance to winning to Begin with and there’s nothing to blame on BTS cause they have their only chance. It’s the government’s fault for not knowing to prioritize and BTS are just following the current law. There’s nothing to blame them for, they did their part fully
– made bts/bighit pay and organize the whole concert even though it was the government’s idea, gave them a deadline with no help and even went to the boys’ families and dragged them into this mess… and now they have to try and win the bid without bts?? good luck with that???
– “it’s unfortunate” like YEW don’t have the power as a government official to let their influence be known?? don’t piss me off
– Well, blame your government. The boys are just doing their duty to the country.
– how they’re not embarrassed to admit to this is just baffling to me